Terms of Business & Disclaimer between Client/Hire and Urban Voices Collective Ltd (UVC)
Under the new regulations governing the Conduct of Employment Businesses 2003, Urban Voices Collective Limited (UVC) are hereby notifying you of our Terms of Business. Please read these carefully.
1. Payment terms: All fees are payable according to payment terms agreed by each individual contract/agreement. Under regulation 12a of the Conduct of Employment Businesses Regulation 2003, UVC undertakes to pay the Artist(s) within their individual agreed payment terms irrespective of receipt of fee from the Client/Hirer. Although, if payment terms are not met by you the client/hirer then UVC retain the right to withdraw the Artist(s) without any redress from you the Client/Hirer. Under current legislation VAT is chargeable on our booking fee and this will be itemised in your individual contracts and invoices.
2. Travel expenses: All travel and technical expenses will need to be covered in addition to the fee and will be agreed in advance.
3. Cancellation terms:
a) In the event of a cancellation by you the Client/Hirer then a Notice Of Cancellation should be issued in writing by facsimile transmission, receipted email or by recorded delivery post. Any cancellation will only take effect on the day we receive written instructions.
b) If a booking is cancelled after the Artist(s) has confirmed acceptance of the engagement, the Client/Hirer will be liable to pay UVC a charge to compensate for any losses and expenses incurred as a result of the cancellation. The nearer the cancellation date to the engagement date, the greater the charge will be.
c) Cancellation charges will be charged as a percentage of the total booking fee and will be charged at the following rates: – More than 90 days prior to engagement date – 50%, 31-90 days – 75%, 1-30 days – 100%.
d) In the unfortunate event of cancellations UVC will endeavour to rebook the Artist(s), if this is not successful then you the Hirer/Client will be compensated appropriately less a standard Administration fee of £150.00.
4. An agreement takes effect when the artist(s) confirms acceptance of the engagement as detailed. A full contract will then be issued.
5. If you are unhappy about any services or Artist(s) provided by UVC, then written notification must be received within 48 hours of the engagement date. In the unlikely event of any complaint it may be necessary to appoint an independent mediator to re-negotiate any terms or details of any existing agreements between all parties. UVC will endeavour as far as possible to re-negotiate any terms or supply alternative Artist(s) where appropriate.
6. Copyright: All copyright and other intellectual property rights relating to any performance and any material or documentation used by the Artist(s) during a performance remain vested in the Artist(s). Any information received by or from Urban Voices Collective Limited about the event and/or Artist(s) is strictly confidential and may only be used for a particular performance. Under the Data Protection Act, Urban Voices Collective Limited is not allowed to disclose any information on Artist(s) unless that Artist(s) has given specific permission. By accepting these Terms of Business, you accept that Urban Voices Collective Limited may hold information on your behalf about specific events and/or Artist(s) and/or their personal details.
7. Variation in Terms of Business: Any changes to these Terms of Business must be notified in writing within 5 days of such variation being applied.
8. PLEASE NOTE however, that if we introduce and/or negotiate and you accept Engagements from us, then these are the Terms of Business which will apply to our trading together.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Urban Voices Collective Limited and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Urban Voices Collective Limited We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Urban Voices Collective Limited takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.